Background

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Kiev, Ukraine



November 21st, 2013
I wish I could share with you all that I see and hear. Wish I could videotape it and make a movie for you. I can try all day long to try and just share verbally but it's just not the same. 

Brightly colored balloons in an over crowded bus, glamorous down thigh length jackets and high-heeled boots. Young woman passes me, papers clutched tears streaming, face blotchy red, mascara mess, hair blown by windy gust. Curious I watch her pass and wonder what her life is like. Quiet and few children, baby buggies make no sounds, babies hide snuggled in their cocoon. Bumpy road makes me laugh and think of pregnant friends, bellies all a jiggle, they took the same roads. Big buildings with lots of lights, each window aglow, people inside, so many unknowns. Different smells, tastes, faces. All so interesting.







November 19th, 2013
It's Tuesday late evening and tomorrow morning is our appointment. I can hear cars going by and people chatting as they walk past our apartment. My mom and Dawson are sleeping and Dawson's birds and creek sounds are off now. So it seems really quiet in here aside from the noises outside. Our apartment is different from the one we stayed in last year, everything looks modern. Bright colors, purple, pink, yellow and a grass green color. It's fun. We hope to go out tomorrow and explore. Today we stayed in and mostly slept. Even Dawson slept a lot. Pray for good health and strength.

-Nicole

No comments: