Background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Three weeks of reality


Back to reality... what is that?




Someone mentioned that it's back to reality once the boys are gone. I quietly agreed. Later while driving down the rainy highway I was thinking about what that would mean. The road started to blur with held back tears as my mind wandered to the idea of their sweet smiles no longer dashing through the house. Sweetly and silently telling me they loved it here. The idea of it just being the four of us was bitter sweet. Having more time to love on Bryce and baby Dawson was a warm thought but quickly dissipated with the idea of two less to love. For the past three weeks my grin has never been bigger. I know it was the joy of Christ flowing through me, His blessing poured onto me and His love poured out of me. I want you to know and feel what I felt. Living by faith is by far the most thrilling and captivating experience anyone could ever have. This thing we call falling in love is a real idea and when it's with your maker it's even more awesome!!!

I thought of what it would be like a week from them leaving...

life back on track
organized
quiet
calm/boring
comfortable
relaxing
clean

Then the tears fell.
Out loud I said,
"I don't like reality."

What is reality.
For each child at the orphanages in Ukraine,
It's

I am an Orphan


I want to say what if
...
BUT I'm not going to, I'm going to say
...
IT IS Christ's reality for me to be

Unclean
Active
Uncomfortable
Selfless
Speaking Truth
Sharing Christ


I believe that the fulfillment of these last few weeks has already reaped a little harvest in my soul. I feel so captured by Christ's love for others.

God calls me to be in His reality not my own.
(in) courage says,
"put our faith to action every day, saying YES to whatever needs Jesus puts before us."






I can't imagine my life without knowing these precious children! What a blessing to have had them in my home.

A life time of memories rolled up into three quick weeks.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, this post breaks my heart. I am so sorry you have to see them go. What a wonderful gift you gave them! They will carry what they learned about Christ in your home always and forever!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Chris to put into action what God is telling you to do as you already have. Children are God's way of reminding us of His love and that everyone IS loveable. You and Chris are a total inspiration to me! Praying for you all and your rejoicing but hurting hearts. You are one very special lady and family!

Rebecca said...

this is so beautiful, nicole. you have such a beautiful heart. i know those boys will remember their time with your family and how they saw the love of God through all of you. blessings to you!

Tosha said...

I miss you so much but I love getting to read about some of what's going on in your life. I am so glad you guys got to touch the lives of these children. I beleive God has given you such a amazing gift with children with your amazing passion, love and patience that seems to last forever. Dawson and Bryce are getting so big! I hope one day I will get to meet Dawson and that you will get to meet my little ones. I need to make a trip up north.