Background

Friday, January 14, 2011

In the Blink of an Eye - MercyMe


Unforgettable Faces!

October. A crowd of Jesus Freaks jumping to the rhythm of familiar tunes looked like tall grass in the wind. Arms stretched toward heaven, sweaty brows and achy legs. Lights, music, it seems like an odd dream now, unforgotten... quietly remembered. I jump in my car and Klove can't help but play a favorite song... it takes me back. The show goes on with smoke effects and awesome colored lights; the lead singer sings his song. It feels as if all that matters is the beat and the meaning. He comes toward the audience steps down onto bleacher seats it’s like he's floating over a sea of hands. Toward the middle of the crowd two teens rise up on the bleacher seats. One of them is me, heart pounding and voice singing I can hear our voices echo through the microphone. It seems like we're the only three standing above the rest. Not really paying attention to the singer just the song in my heart. Beside me is a friend I can hear his voice and feel his hand on my shoulder bracing himself. So close to my forehead his hair brushes it. We Sing! It’s a big big house With lots and lots a room A big big table With lots and lots of food A big big yard Where we can play football A big big house… Its my fathers HOUSE!!! Back in my car my heart stops, my tears come and I THANK GOD that I know in my heart this song! God is good and blesses his faithful children.

Nicole Allen - Brooke Knox - Jesse Anderson - Kia Proper
2003 - Joy Fest

In memory of a Jesus Freak!!

Jesse Daniel Anderson

1987-2004



How I remember it!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

you have a gift for writing...