Background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilt For Bryce!!

Just an idea of the finished product,
I can't wait to see what his Giwi (grandma) does with the quilting arm.
I'm sure the design she picks will be the icing on the cake! I haven't been able to work on it in a few weeks but look forward to finishing it next week sometime and then sending it off to his Giwi.



The HUGE boarder, it's bigger than needs to be right now, still working on it.
:)
It dwarfs the top panel.


Bryce has been a big help in picking out colors and patterns.
I'm so blessed to be able to make something so special!!
Thank you Jackie for letting me use your tools.
They have been so helpful!


A Pillow Sham Completed and Stuffed. :)
I'm having a lot of fun, but more than anything I'm just sooo glad Bryce likes it!!

The first Boarder is complete.
Still two more to add, a big one and a little one. :)
Bryce is pleased which it makes me feel so accomplished.

I've been wanting to make my little guy a quilt for his twin bed for some time now and so this week I FINALLY got started and I'm having a good time with it and most importantly Bryce likes it A LOT!

All sewn together. :)


All the patterns!




Sail Boats and Tall Masted Ships is the theme!





Just laid out to see what pattern I wanted to do, this took a lot of thought and time.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

it's really looking great, nicole! you're doing a fabulous job! i love the fabrics you chose!

Rebecca said...

you're doing such a nice job, nicole!!

Unknown said...

I love this! What a great gift for him :)

M'Laura said...

It's so beautiful! Bryce will love it forever:) One of my all time favorites is a quilt my namesake great-grandma made for me...

Nicole Ashley said...

Thanks Girls!!! I'm so Thankful for all your encouragement! It means so much to me!