Background

Friday, February 4, 2011

Bryce's Room


!!Stripes!!


The stripes are complete!!
What a labor of love Chris bestowed on my little Buttons. This took many evenings to finish and in the end we still needed the help of a good friend's steady hand. She did the finishing touches and end the end it's perfect! We're very pleased with all the hard work and although Bryce's first words were, "where's the island with palm trees and volcano!" He loves the stripes and slept like a baby after weeks not being able to. :) In response to his request of island theme I told him we would be looking for a framed picture with those things in it. :) He said, "ah mom that makes me happy, that's a good idea. " Thank goodness, I don't know how much more painting Chris and I can stand. Glad it's done and we can enjoy the results. As for Bryce's quilt it's not finished yet, but hopefully soon. I'm so blessed to have a hard working hubby! He came home from work many evenings and worked on Bryce's room. I'm so Thankful for his commitment.


Hard working hubs!


The hard work will pay off in the end... I hope.
We're finding out, we'll never be professional painters.
At least we're having fun in the process of picking out colors and looking forward to it being finished. :)
Bryce wants it to be a beach in his room with sand painted on the walls. He says, "like an Island Mom. " I'd love to appease him but I just don't think I have that kind of talent. He's growing up so fast, I can't believe he'll finally be a big brother. He is so helpful and has an optimistic point of view on things. I'm so blessed to be his mommy. God is good.




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

bryce's room looks amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Those look great, Nicole!!!