Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

!Nesting!

Our home has been improved.
Chris has been working like a mad man the last three weeks. We've been preparing for the little joy that will enter our lives within the next week or two. Chris has been the most unbelievable handy man, I'm so proud of him. He's been so productive and helpful with things that I just wouldn't be any good at.

He painted the Entertainment hole, it used to be a horrid orange carrot color. We added a mirror to the dinning room to give it a more finished look. We love it!


Chris painted the bathroom yesterday and I LOVE IT!! It was also a horrible orange color. We put in a new mirror and hung up the skipper's ship, Coast Guard Cutter Dorado.


We hung up some things in Bryce's room, a picture holder for loose photos and some photos from our professional photo session with Jenny Marsh. Bryce's quilt was sent off to his Giwi's (grandma) for quilting. I'll post pics when it returns. =D I'm excited to see the finished product, it's taken me sooo long.



~THE CRADLE ~

Dawson's first sleeps will be nuzzled in this cradle given to me by my Auntie Jamie and painted and sanded with love by Daddy. I'm so excited to lay his sleepy little head in it.


~ The ROOM ~
~ Dawson's Nest ~

Daddy, painted his room a celery green and we are in love, it feels so peaceful.


I made the nest and we had the netting already, the photo was done by Jenny Marsh and the blankets were Bryce's when he was a little guy.



My mommy bought Dawson the nest of blue eggs and the memory book, she also bought the adorable little birdies in the wooden shelf. Lindsey and Bryan Terry gave a gift of the hand print picture, we're looking forward to placing his little tiny prints on there as soon as we get him home. I made a shutterfly photo book, with our photos by Jenny Marsh and I just love each page. I had so much fun making the book for our little fam.


Chris painted these adorable little shelves that we bought at Good Will for a total of only $2.25. The little elephant was hand made by Brittany Stacey, so sad to see her and her family move to Texas with her Army Man.


We've had fun and now it's time to rest, as much as possible, and relax knowing that we've prepared a place for him. Just like God in Heaven has prepared a place for us.

Don't forget though, to store up your treasures in Heaven.
~Really all this stuff is, is a bunch of junk. But for now I'll call it an amazing blessing from our Heavenly Father who loves and cares for us! He is the provider of ALL things, he gives and takes away.

~ Anyone wanta go FOUR-WHEELING!!
Let's have a BABY!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful nest you've created!! So exciting!

hollie said...

luv it! so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Now come decorate my house please!! :0) I want to see pics of this awful orange you speak of! ;0)

Nicole Ashley said...

Thanks Girls! We've had so much FUN!! It's exciting all the little things you can do to spruce up a home and make it more personal. If you'd like to take a look at the house before we moved in, it's on Chris' fb page under the album Feb. 23 Buckley. You'll be able to see the Nasty orange that we lived with for over a year... May I remind you I have purple couches too. :) lol YA! Maybe I'll just go ans tag myself in those pics so you can see. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't have Chris in my FB... I'll request him if I remember. Or yeah, you can tag them maybe!
I just saw your comment on my blog. Ha ha, yes, I do sleep! I have been scheduling my blog posts to come up at 5 am every morning, so that's why it seems like I'm always on. :0) I wrote this week's blog posts last weekend because I'm busy helping with VBS all week.

Nicole Ashley said...

I tagged myself in the pipcs so now the HORRIBLE orange is available to view. :) gosh that's cool, I haven't figured out how to schedule the postings.