Background

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stretched Thin

Optimism
being optimistic isn't my strength. But I'll try. It's hard to watch so many other mommies have their babies early, or even on time. I can't help but think about just two weeks ago I would have had less stretch marks, less weight, less water weight, and less DOUBLE chin! OH AND LESS PAIN & DISCOMFORT. Less trips to the bathroom at night, I'm down to every hour now. So after being a little discouraged and confused as to WHY my body just doesn't want to relieve itself, I had to thank God that He has it under control and no amount of complaining on my part is going to change His mind. :( So I had to come up with some positives. Since the little guy hasn't gotten here, I have NO idea if he is actually a healthy baby or not. We'll see how his little kidney's are doing once he gets out and moving around. With noticeable swelling on both, we've been praying that the healing takes place in the belly and no surgeries or other complications arise. Of course the Dr. is positive and encouraging and has told us not to worry. Since I hate wasting my time I've not worried about it just prayed, that God's will would be done and that the little life inside me would bring Glory to God. So 1) God's in Control and in His perfect time this little one will be brought into the world. 2) I have the opportunity to have a VBAC, something I don't want to compromise which means waiting this out as long as possible. 3) I am perfectly healthy and as far as we know so is the baby. 4) I have a chance to work on being patient on God's Will for my life instead of trying to orchestrate it myself. 5) I get a chance to hang out with my parents more. :) 6) I get to experience first hand God working in my body, hoping in the end that my body will go into labor on it's own. Aside from that I can't help but think about Bryce, he was stubborn too, just loved it in his mommy's belly and didn't want to come out. He's been one of the healthiest little boys I know. Rarely gets sick and seems to be allergic to nothing, (well he farts A LOT, so maybe) and breast feeding was a breeze. I know so many mommies who have struggled, with having preemies, colic, gassy infants, or troubles breastfeeding whether it's lack of milk or the little ones sucking ability. So a positive for me is that my experience with Bryce was wonderful, I got nice and plump but he was healthy and knit together well before coming out. Although I just remembered that he had that Projectile vomit thing where his little valve in his esophagus wasn't fully developed but that was more humorous than anything else, many boys are born with that and it corrects itself over time. lol, boy did we have some laughs over that though. :) So I've been thanking the Heavenly Father for taking so much time knitting together the little being in my belly, making him perfect in His image. So from Cars 2, I'll be thankful for my dents and marks, they're the Memories of Creation, the Creation of my Son.

Therefore, I urge you, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh the waiting can be so hard. you look great, nicole. praying for your endurance. cannot wait to hear he's arrived!

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers and thoughts! We're all waiting along with you...we're just not quite as uncomfortable as you are. ;0)
I didn't know that the little peanut had some possible medical concerns. I will keep him in prayer too! But, if the doctor said not to worry about it, then I'll bet it's nothing to be worried about, right? :0) God is in control. XO