Background

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cassie Girl 2008

Your Smile is So Gorgeous in this Picture taken in Crescent City on a cool winter day. We spent the whole afternoon just taking pictures of each other and admiring the coastal views.

The cool water feels good on my ankles, as it laps up against me I can’t help but wish for my Pacific Ocean, the fake tide pool would have to do. Sparks, Nevada’s sun feels hotter than anywhere I’ve been, that day was perfect for a family trip to the water park. My one year old in my arms, so sweet and pudgy, was making baby sounds. Down by my feet was a blond eyed beauty singing a song while hanging onto my leg, her body lying over an inner tube. My eyes wander over toward my tall and skinny seven year old. She’s unaware of my smiling gaze. Arms waving up and down in excitement she’s jumping up over the swells that come crashing to her chest. Her Dad stands nearby chatting with a friend. I look away to glance at the little one at my feet, so happy she sings her song. I return my gaze to the swells that hold my oldest, not seeing her I quickly glance around. So many people to scan over, I can’t scan quickly enough. I look again at the place where she was and I see her hair in the water. Sandy blond floating on top, my heart pounds, and my body leaps forward but held back by the two I have hanging from my limbs. I scream at the life guard, I yell at my husband. I tell the little one at my feet STAY! I rush through the water. I feel like I’m hardly moving. I’m still 10 to 15 feet away and with her dainty little fingers clasping her nose she raises out of the aqua colored water. To my dismay she wipes her eyes and goes beneath the next swell. I stand in amazement, she is swimming.

No comments: