Background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tooth Fairy's Tale


Quietly I peek around the corner into my sleeping child’s room. What sweet pale skin he has, so soft and smooth, he sleeps soundly with his bunny boy under his arm. Bunny boy is a new found friend for night time. The floor creeks beneath me and I freeze worried I’ll wake him up. So much fun this is, I think to myself. As I slip my hand beneath his pillow and pull out his precious little tooth that had fallen out earlier that day. Wow he is changing and growing so fast. I again slip my hand back under his pillow to leave a special little treat, a coin from Canada, 51 cents, a lollipop and two red starbursts.

Unfortunately, earlier that evening I searched the house for something special to replace the tooth with, but I couldn’t find a single dollar bill, or anything else for that matter. So Chris went out to the car to search for some coins, we had some candy in the cupboard so this would have to do. You see this was Bryce’s First time getting to put it under his pillow and I wanted it to be special. He had swallowed his first tooth at hi Grandma Giwi’s house. So as I sprinkle the fairy dust on his pillow and quietly sneak back out I feel so silly and excited for morning.

His toothless smile greets me early in the morning and he hugs me and cuddles me as usual. Then I realized he hadn’t brought in his special treats so I said well Bryce did the tooth fairy come? He runs to his room and I can hear his excitement, I smile in my covers. I meet him in his room to see what he thinks of this silly little tradition of imagination. He’s smiling and checking out the glitter on his pillow, he excitedly explains that this is from the fairy wings. A little perplexed he says hey this coin was in the car and we have candy like this, you can’t fool this five year old. Bryce lost his second tooth in September while Grandma Weber was here and shortly after my surgery. I’m so glad I got to have that experience with him!

I love living Life with my Bryce

No comments: