Background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shoes to Fill


What an incredible experience... to be wed. To find your Favorite Dress of all time, the Perfect pair of Shoes, and to stand before the Man of your Dreams. I know God has plans, He has been moving and working in me for 2.5 short years. When I asked the Lord to show me His will and His timing I had no idea it would be soo soon. He had it all planned out. I had asked the Heavenly Father if He were to have me be a Bride, that He would prepare my heart and teach me to be a Wife after His own heart. I thought for sure this would take many many year. Boy was I wrong. He Brought Chris into my life shortly after that prayer and I didn't have to ask twice "God are you sure he's the one?" I knew right away! I was worried, could this be for REAL? I'm not ready was all I could think of. I didn't want to mess up and cause any pain, could I do this? Be a wife and mother, could I clean the house and have a good attitude, could this be right? Right now? YEP! God's got it all figured out. He has the day timer, He knows my fears and insecurities, my weakness' and my short comings, He knows the deepest parts of my heart and soul. That cry out to the Lord, (that if he were to bring someone) that he bring a believer of the God of the Heavens, a man who loves the story of Christ. I asked for specifics, "God that you would bring a man who Prays at the head of the table in reverence to you. That he cares for his children and teaches them your ways. Lord bring someone who fears and knows you, who wants to be taught and molded my your hands. Lord if this is your will help my heart be ready and my eyes open." Handsome Christopher Robin came Waltzing into my life, I adored him. Where did he come from? I was in awe of the awesome powers of God, He answers prayers... So quickly too. We were wed on May 22nd 2010 Oh what a day of Rejoicing and Love that was. A day that will forever be in my heart and mind, the day I married my Best Friend... Chris. The Day we became a family. I wore my Heels and Favorite Dress and stood before my new husband with Pride and relief. God is in control.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

this is absolutely beautiful. i'm so happy for you!

Holly said...

Didn't know you had a blog! Glood to know! I'm locked in now!