Background

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Winter Recital


Sisters! Both excited and nervous about their recital.

Lydia's precious face after just completing her first dance recital

The Girls after their dances at intermission.

Cassie bringing me a lovely rose!

Cassie continues to amaze me, with each passing day I become more aware of her strengths. She had a desire to learn and be successful, each task was difficult but she always went above and beyond.

It's 2010, I’m sitting by my fireplace and tapping on my husband’s laptop. It’s peaceful. Bryce is napping, the cat is lounging and the dog just went to get a sip of water. I just came in from the garage for a little break of cleaning. While I was cleaning I found a memory card for my digital camera. Wondering what is on it I place it in a digital frame. I anxiously wait as it loads the pictures. My heart smiles as two little girls come on the screen. Cassie wearing a blue and white dress and Lydia wearing a Care Bears sweater, they hug in front of our first tree together as a family. The girls at that time had been with us for about four months. Their hair had grown just a little. What’s odd of me finding this little memory card is that its pictures of the very thing I wrote about in my last story, strange how things work out like that. As the slide show continues, I am reminded of Cassie and Lydia’s first dance recital, held in December. The girls were amazing; they danced like they had been all they’re lives. Precious Liddy was so adorable in her little outfits and was so excited to be on stage. But Cassie shined, she shined like the stars that night. The girls had already completed their dances and so I decided to stand in the back with Bryce, needing glasses to see far distances I couldn’t make out any of the dancers faces. As I’m watching several little girls in white leotards and pink tutus, just like the ones the girls had on in their first dance, came out on stage. I’m impressed by one in particular, in the back row with long legs. She was doing very well, although I couldn’t make out her face I could tell she was smiling. I thought what a sweet girl, I then chuckled out loud. I thought, “that poor girl has the same bad hair cut Cassie does.” I couldn’t help but to think that someone did that on purpose, poor thing! The program was over and the stage became crowded with tiny dancers, as I applaud I feel so proud of their hard work. I’m in the front now so I can see their precious faces and as I scan the little crowd I can’t find Cassie. I found Liddy right away. She was waving wildly until I waved back, sweet thing. Then I do a double take because right beside her is Cassie wearing a white leotard and a pink tutu. “WHAT??” I ask myself, and to my astonishment it was her, my Cassie girl, dancing, perfect rhythm perfect form, she was a perfect mimic. She had never taken that ballet class she had never heard the music but she was who she is and that’s a success. The program concluded with the children bringing their loved one a rose and Cassie came bounding toward me with her gorgeous smile and handed me a sweet smelling rose. She was and always will be a star. I pray she never stops dancing through her life.

No comments: